During last week’s Mobile Monday , there was a live demonstration of a new mapping portal called RouteGuru , by Avinash Agrawal, CEO – RouteGuru. Here’s a brief analysis of RouteGuru ,though it would be sometime before I can get deeper into this.
How it works & what it offers ??
* Lets say you want to travel from Sadiq Nagar ( Delhi) to Noida Toll Bridge and are not sure about which route to take lanmarks etc. , all you’ve to do is logon to Routeguru.com enter the “Source” and “Destination” places and Click on “Get Direction” and the search result displays the route betweeen these 2 places. Simple isn’t it ? No more headaches searching for places or landmarks.
* Routeguru.com currently provides Geographical information of places across Delhi & NCR.
* You can either take the printout or get the route through SMS. So if your friend is lost between two places you can send him an SMS through Routeguru.com. The SMS delivery took 10-30 seconds in my case.
Finding Route A sample route search between Sadiq Nagar and Okhla Sabzi Mandi has multiple route descriptions like turn left, turn right etc. a.) These route descriptions make the route quite confusing. b.) One is not sure whether its the first left turn or the second right turn. c.)How creditable are the landmarks ?
|At Distance||Action||Action Description||Proceed|
|0.0 km||Come towards OVERHEAD TANK in/near SADIQ NAGAR||Go 0 km|
|0.0 km||Start with OVERHEAD TANK on your right side||Go 0.1 km|
|0.1 km||Pass by OVERHEAD TANK on right||Go 0 k|
For the first 1 kilometre there are 10 action description and for the next 4 kilometres there are only 8 action descriptions.
> No uniformity in action descriptions. > Within the first 100 metres there are 3 action descriptions, I don’t see any value there.
* Are the landmarks used by Routeguru good enough (to be used as landmarks)?
* An integration with Google maps is possible? ( Map links of all the places present in the route)
* Alternate /short routes?