Last week I was lucky enough (my 128kbps Sify broadband connection is at the mercy of rain gods) to attend a couple of webinar presentations at Marketing Profs B-to-B Marketing Conference.
The information session was an overview of media and advertising trends. Benjamin used case studies of effective b-to-b marketers to discuss Google’s role in information ecosystem and its implications on b to b marketing.
Some interesting statistics highlighted (just in case you didn’t know) during the presenation were :
- Internet accounts for 25% of media consumption for B-to-B customers with TV being the highest at 38%
- 37% of marketing budget is allocated for “online spending” by B-to-B advertisers
- Out of this budget “search” accounts for 15% of the marketing budget
- “Adsense” forms the chunk of Google’s revenue and has a share of 99%
A couple of other interesting facts
- Google has a share of 36.8% in worldwide daily search queries
- 90% of traffic to a website comes through “organic search”
- The rest of 10% comes from “PPC campaigns”