From today onwards, I’d be writing a special post every month under the blog-post category called “Product Feedback”. I’d be giving my feedback about a product or a service which I’ve used/I’m still using and I’d describe my experience about it.
Do I really need one ? Yeah, I think I need freedom from clutches of Sify’s monopoly? How about the speed man? Which one is going to be the best ? Well I’ve a Wi-Fi laptop but can I access internet anywhere and everywhere ? …
These were some of the questions that struck my mind, like any typical consumer. My sister who is back from States told me that she’s looking to surf internet on the go, as she has to constantly shuffle between Bangalore(bengaluru) and Delhi.
Someone told about Tata Indicom’s Plug 2 Surf Billboard which is up on DND flyway. As I understood, Tata’s new portable USB device is unique surfing utility as it enables you to access the internet just about anywhere! Aware of Nikhil’s concerns and nightmares another friend of mine had experienced with Reliance NetConnect card I thought of giving “Plug 2 Surf” wizard a try.
I logged on to Tata Indicom’s broadband website, filled their request form and in less than 48 hours Tata’s customer care executive reached my home. Since then I’ve been using it for more than a month and I am quite satisfied with its performance.
Why do I think it is cool ?
- The single most important factor is the cost of device. At 2800 bucks it fits the budget easily.
- It is a USB device, so naturally it is simple plug and play.
- The connectivity client is available with the CD or alternatively can be downloaded from the internet.
- Speed is not blazing fast but definitely not slow by any means. It is just about perfect accessing emails, a bit of IM and even downloading a bit of music.
- Price -Monthly access charges are around 700 bucks for unlimited internet access along with one gigs of download.
- I haven’t faced any connection problems so far.
- Not to forget, the USP of this device is “Internet access on the go”.