Criticizing social media?
Are you doing so for any of the following reasons:
- Because you think this is a buzzword which will eventually die-down
- Because your mind tells tells you that there’s nothing to social media beyond twitter, blogs and Facebook
- Because every second person you have seen on twitter claims to be a social media evangelist or a catalyst
- Because you do not seem to understand the differences and similarities between digital media and social media
- Because you are fed up of blog-posts talking about socialmedia ROI & budgets and don’t understand what is the ROI
- Because you see brands jumping on social media bandwagon and you fail to understand what they’re gaining out of it
- Because you witness endless talks about conversations, communities, content
- Because you are trying to understand the meaning of terms of ‘social’ and ‘media’ and combined together
- Because you discuss your problems with consultants and every time you talk to them there’s more confusion than ever before
Rather not do it as it is more a perception issue than anything else !! Understand Social Media as a Philosophy and its application as a Culture.