The Indian e-commerce space is very competitive and there are a bunch of online classifieds portals and apps out there. One of the most popular portals doing big is Olx.in which is pushing forward the concept of ‘Make Your Phone a Sell Phone’. I quite like the ‘O Womaniya’ tv ad which highlights how you can use your OLX Mobile App to sell all the stuff at your home that you don’t need.
OLX.in is backed by Nasper and judging by the latest reports the classifieds portal is growing very fast. According to an article on Watblog.com, the website traffic has grown 55 times during the last 22 months. Considering that the article was written during August 2013, I won’t be surprised if the numbers are far more astounding by now.
I downloaded OLX Classifieds in Apple Store and the app has a very smooth experience which makes it simple for the users to post their ads on the portal. I quite liked the idea of a mobile app as you anyways need to take pictures of objects you want to sell (from your old Refrigerator to the music system at your home). The mobile app actually cuts down all the hassles of transferring pictures from your mobile to your desktop/laptop.
In simple steps your Ad goes live right from your mobile phone and enquiry calls start coming within minutes 🙂
Here’s what I liked about the OLX mobile app:
- The OLX app is GPS enabled and picks your location once you download the app
- App is lightweight and comes with an intuitive clean UI
- The colourful icons make the user experience very rich
- The navigation is seamless making the product search very simple
- For any listing that you like, you can directly ‘Call’ the poster of Ad
- While posting an add, you have an option of adding upto 4 pictures right up from your cellphone
- Around Me Feature: Want to see what’s being sold around you? Check out the Around Me tab 🙂
Not on iOS? OLX application is available across devices and on Android, BlackBerry, Amazon app stores as well. More about that here.