I’m back from Pune. As it always happens during these months, it was raining and the weather was great, blankets were out – yeah they’re. I was glad to catch up with buddies who had come in from all parts of the globe for the Convocation. Some thoughts from the very brief conversation(s) I had with my buddies about their experience(s)
- Compared to techie MBAs the marketing dudes have made quick hops and have shuffled their organizations.
- Majority of the guys believe that the single most important factor for job shift is “money” and it is followed by “job satisfaction”.
- Most of the guys believe that stability is vital but is at par with fat salaries.
- Many guys expressed their interest in entrepreneurial ventures at some point of time in their careers.
- Guys with international placements expressed their disappointment over heavy tax cuts on their salary packages.
Majority of the guys expressed satisfaction with their current status. Although some of the said they’re not overjoyed with their salary packages but the very own fact that they had a thing or two to learn from their company was keeping the momentum going.
- Out of 10 almost 7 guys have switched to a new company within the first 6 months.
- From the entire batch only 10% of guys have stuck with their parent company.