Sometimes it feels really sorry to see the tactics of a select group of folks in the name of using Social media as a Conversation Medium ! By-and-large this is applicable to Twitter baring the first couple of points.
- Email spam: They continue to send you bulk promotional emails, although you never opted-in for their newsletter. On the name of customization, they start the email with your name prefix and believe they are not spamming your email box. To your surprise, you are not allowed to copy & reproduce their email although they didn’t take your permission at the first place.
- Blog Spameeters: They start a one-dimensional blog to blatantly promote the poor client’s new product offerings.
- RTing & RTing: They create multiple accounts on twitter, send tweet from one id and then re-tweet from others. End-result = The user ends up thinking that there is a great conversation going on.
- Follow mania: They follow all the celebrities and all those who have more than 1000 followers in a hope to attract some eyeballs.
- Twomit dosage: While it is the lifeline of many, they continue to talk about the color of their underwear on twitter. Eating food, walking dog, brushing their teeth. It’s a moral obligation.They all know twitter has a threshold when it comes to maximum requests at an instance and maximum no. of tweets. However, they never refrain to curse twitter every time it suffers from an outage. Continue reading